Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Writer's Life

This is what goes through my mind when I finish a play:

This is the best thing anyone has ever written; how come I still have to go to work this morning?

I so want to get laid right now.

Let’s start the next project right away.

Let’s take a breather for a couple of days.

Let’s do something quick. Like in, y’know, three days?

Y’know, it’s pretty good for a first draft, but don’t show it to the agent until it’s been rewritten.

How about a hug?

Which one of 20 Get Me Out Of My Day Job projects should I work on next?

And what about the other thirty folders in my files?

Let’s go through everything and see what strikes my fancy.

God, there’s so many things I could be doing!

I really wish I didn’t have this day job.

I am never going to be able to write one-fiftieth of all these projects.

My life sucks.

And this play sucks; I am going to have to rewrite it top to bottom.

Don’t touch me.

No comments: