Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend Update

My Name Is Bruce. "Nose picking and ass-grabs." Village Voice. "Awful recycled jokes." New York Times. "Total hoot." Me. Saw it Friday night at 7:20. Bruce was there, wearing the same pants he wore in the film, and did a 20 minute Q&A afterwards that was just as much fun as the movie. (I taped it, so if anyone wants to hear it, let me know.) He zinged the bad reviews the movie got, so I hope he reads this on MovieWeb this morning:

In a surprise twist of Halloween fate, the film with the strongest per screen average was Bruce Campbell's My Name Is Bruce, which stomped the competition with $18,800 playing just three showings in one theater. If given the 3,646 screens that belonged to the number one champ High School Musical 3: Senior Year, the film could have pulled in a potential $68 million to become one of the biggest surprise hits of the fall.

Trick or treat. I've started to write poetry again, which is yet another way to avoid rewriting the play. (Hooray for lack of discipline!) I'll probably be posting them once a week, like the pictures. (Hooray for discipline!)

Random Weblinks:

And a Rusty Nail while reading blog posts.

The M/F dating ritual and its discontents.

Time to move to Earth-2.

In our country? These are all over Utah.

In the immortal words of Mark Twain: Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."

No comments: