Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Geek Haiku

Over at The Periodic Table of Awesome's Facebook page, they're running a poetry contest--whoever writes the geekiest haiku wins.

Far be it from me to resist such a challenge. Or you either, I trust. I mean, really--how long can it take to come up with seventeen syllables?

COLIN FIRTH: In The King's Speech? Half the movie.

Here are the entries I posted there in the last couple of days, with titles:


LOTR

One riddle contest
One ring to rule the others
One missing finger


GOING BATTY

We all want more life
So we kiss God and kill Him
Like we're replicants


THE DOCTOR

A blue police box
His black bag and ambulance
Time is his scalpel


OH, CHARLTON

"You damn dirty apes!"
Whoa! Statue of Liberty!
"No! No! No! No! No!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought geeky haiku went something like this
I pick my nose while studying calculus then blood covers the page

Horvendile said...

Why this is almost worthy of my brother David!